I was Glad.
Psalm 122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.
I'm excited this morning about going to church in the next hour. To most people, church is boring and irrelevant, but I'm in a good mood because I know I'm going. Why is this?
1) The Bible will be read and expounded; God never fails to speak to His people when this happens.
2) Christ is present when several believers meet; I go to meet my Maker.
3) The Holy Spirit lives in other believers; by meeting them this morning, I fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
4) God's people encourage me; I need building up.
5) Sometimes God's people need encouarging; I need to build them up.
6) Worshipping God is the purpose for which I was created.
7) Scripture says we should meet together; it is good to obey God.
I feel sorry for those Christians who don't belong to a local church, either because they can't find the right one, or because their spiritual pride tells them they don't need to:
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.