Why I Don't Wash
Fifteen reasons why I don't wash:
- I was forced to as a child.
- People who wash are hypocrites - they think they are cleaner than everybody else.
- There are so many different kinds of soap, I can't decide which one is best.
- Water has sometimes killed people- why take the risk?
- I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
- I know plenty of people who don't wash who look very clean.
- I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
- Hitler and Stalin were brought up to wash- some good it did them.
- None of my friends wash.
- I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
- I can't spare the time.
- Washing is so old-fashioned.
- You only end up getting dirty again.
- The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer.
- People who make soap are only after your money.
Now insert 'attend church' in place of 'wash'.
Adapted from www.godandscience.org, with permission.